Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Ten for Tuesday

1. I forgot how difficult it is to blog on a daily basis. Hence this list post cop-out.

2. I love my SIL because every year I buy her a Starbucks gift card for her birthday, and every year she buys me a Starbucks gift card for my birthday, and not only do we find nothing strange about that, but also we are both delighted to be thus gifted.

3. Yesterday we were eating lunch in the classroom, so I warned the children to be very careful not to spill their milk, and then I spilled my milk. The kids thought it was the funniest thing ever.

4. My younger seems to have gotten the flu from his flu shot.

5. He also asked to watch a school board meeting last night. I attributed the question to the effects of the flu (shot).

6. I had a migraine on the day we celebrated Halloween at my school, so I had to miss the festivities, which broke my heart, because I was going to show up as the Statue of Liberty. Best costume ever. Next year?

7. Every day my older is closer to leaving for college. He is now nearing the middle of his eleventh grade year. You do the math, because I refuse. Sob.

8. I was sorry to learn about Car Talk Tom's death. His brother Ray must feel as if he's had a limb amputated.

9. Kittens are made ridiculously cute so that you will not kill them when they destroy all the things.

10. Vote.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Even in a post like this, you make the words sing. Sorry you missed the Halloween festivities.

Bibliomama said...

I don't think a list post is a cop-out. I like that NaBloPoMo allows for any kind of post - sometimes you need one like this to gather together some little bits. (I love the spilled milk thing.)

slow panic said...

A list is not a cop out when you are posting daily. I say that because I fully intend to do a list today and very Tuesday this month. Possibly other days of the week as well.

Mary Gilmour said...

You could be writing on minisculemsticky notes and still be a great read.
More about the school board! Why did he want to watch it. Former school board member wants to know.

Patois42 said...

I'll take a grocery list from you.

Nicole said...

You mean Tom from Tom and Ray? Awww.

Sarah said...

Mary Gilmour: Nothing specific - he just wanted to see the general workings of a school board.

Sarah said...

Nicole: Yes.